The Clarks

The Clarks

Sunday, December 20, 2009

O Christmas Tree



The tradition of getting our fresh Christmas tree continues, except this year the 6 Clarks picked-out our tree in record time! We picked the coldest day of the winter so far to take family pictures and get our tree!
I used the pictures for our Christmas card and you would never guess that we were sooooo freezing! I even had to take Quincy's picture an hour later because she was crying in all of the others. A little hot chocolate and a candy cane did the trick. We also told her she could have her picture taken with Daisy and that perked her up for 10 seconds so we could get a grin out of her. So even though you can't see Daisy in the picture, she was sitting there and got cropped out. The other kids were champs.
Anyway, we used the bribe of telling the kids that we could go pick-out our tree next if they were good.
So here we are, next to our choice. We were out of the car, in the tree field, and back in the car in 10 minutes! Loaded on the car in 20. This usually takes a good hour or so but because of the nippy weather, we really didn't care WHAT our tree looked like. Sam and I were so glad that the kids felt the same!
But it's funny how sometimes, whether you spend 1 minute or all day on something, the shorter way turns out better. Because it fits perfect into our cozy little family room. I debated putting it in our front room where it can be seen from the street, but I like to have it where I can see it all day, next to the fireplace and stockings.
The kids did an awesome job decorating it! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!
Quin on the way home...whew what a big day!

1 comment:

Jill said...

ok..i need quinnies head band and your tree skirt. Please help me find them...or can I pay you to make them for me? After Christmas of course.